Beware of your mobile phone…no Kidding. When I received the below email from my sister a few days ago, mentioning about her friend’s son’s death, from a mobile phone, I was and am still in shock.
While I may not perch on top of a train to click a photograph or talk on the phone while at the petrol station, there are other things that I do for e.g. talking on the mobile phone while it is charging, or even charging my mobile phone near the bed and or wooden furniture. I was not aware about the dangers of doing so, till I read this email.
I paste the email below. Please read and share. I have changed the name of the boy to XX since I am publishing this without the consent of the original sender of this email.
With deep pains (and tears in my eyes), i am sorry to inform You that yesterday morning, one of my dear friend’s elder son (Mr. XX), age 19, studying in 1st year of engineering, died in Keshvani Hospital, Mumbai. He was admitted in Keshavani Hospital as burned patient.
4 days back this boy had gone to Amravati (One of the district place located in State of Maharashtra) on study tour. After their study was over, he, his classmates & his teachers, all of them were standing on “Badnera” railway station to catch the train. “Badnera” is the name of the railway station for “Amravati” city.
As soon as they arrived on Badnera Railway station, many of them started taking pictures of their friends using “Mobile Phones” and/or “Digital Camera”. One of them complained that, in his camera, he was not able to capture more number of friends in one frame. He was not able to catch the angle. Another boy suggested that let’s climb on train boogie and take picture so that all of them can be accommodated in single frame.
At that there was one goods wagon (all of them were oil tankers) train resting between 2 main railway lines.
XX climbed up oil boogie. Above his head, 40,000 volts electrical line was passing through. As soon as he clicked the digital camera? 40,000 volt current passed through the camera flash light to his camera and then from his camera to his fingers and then from his fingers to his body. All this happened within fraction of second. Next moment he was thrown from the top. His body was half burned on the spot.
At that time, his father (my friend) was traveling in Bangkok. His many friends in Pune came to know about this via mobile SMS. They instantly arranged air ambulance in Amravati and his burned body was brought to Keshavani Hospital, Mumbai. i was told that this is the best hospital in Mumbai. For 1 and 1/2 day or so he was talking to his relatives. When he was admitted to the hospital, at that time only, doctor informed his relatives that don’t keep great hopes. Because of lot of complex issues in half burned body? He died yesterday morning.
o Now how many of us are aware about this technological threats & dangers? Honestly, XX and his father was not aware. His family was not aware. Our entire friend circle of more than 12,000, we were not aware. Now should we call ourselves as fully educated and fully knowledgeable people? Please Think of it.
o ·Please avoid mobile phones on petrol outlets,
o ·Please avoid talking on mobile phones while driving. i also know many of my friends who do not bother about this good suggestion and each one of them have opted for “Chalta Hai Yaar Attitude”.
o ·Please avoid talking on mobile phones while they are in charging mode.
o Please avoid charging mobile phones near Your bed and/or near wooden furniture. Avoid mobile phones near high voltage electrical lines like railway stations and use flash lights.
o ·My friend, his family members and we all friends learned our lesson with loss of young life. Now Would You like to empower Your friends about this accident so as to avoid future accidents? We can save human life by empowering all the IT users who are in Your network?
Please please…..I request you to send this very important life threatening information to your loved ones…..”