I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche.
Did you know that Trust is an important part of every fraction of a second of our lives, in all we do and in the way we conduct ourselves. And yet many a time we undermine the value of Trust and may take it for granted.
A strong foundation of any human relationship is based on Trust. Without Trust, life becomes lonely. Trust is what allows us to have meaningful relationships with other people. Trust is knowing that you will do the same thing irrespective of whether someone is looking at you or not.
When one is Trusted there is a feeling of belonging, safety, and it appeals to the soul. Once the Trust is broken, I believe it is worse than fixing a broken mirror, because the relationship never comes back to the sanctity it originally carried.
Do we really use Trust in every walk of our life?
1. Child & Parent – When a child first learns to climb up and decides to take a leap from the chair or table confidently into the hands of his/her Mother’s or father’s extended hands, there is immense trust in that act.
2. Spouse – no marriage can last unless there is Trust between the husband and wife.
3. Friend – when you Trust a person as a friend, and you confide in that person you trust that this friend will not harm you or hurt you or tease you or misuse the information you have shared. Good friendship is based on trust, respect and love. Friendship will crumble once the trust breaks.
4. Siblings – Trust is imperative to a good relationship between siblings.
5. Life – Have you realized that when you hire a taxi, you trust the taxi driver to take you to your destination, charge no more than the fare indicated by the taxi meter and at the end of the journey, you trust the driver to return the change. Trust is what it takes when you open a bank account, when you walk into a shop to buy something, or eat at a Restaurant.
6. Start-ups – As a Start-up Entrepreneur you face a tough time to convince people of your vision,not because you don’t have an appetite for hard work. But as a Startup, there is a deficit of Trust. It takes time to earn the same and these days it is probably even more difficult because there are one too many who take you for a ride.
7. Trust Yourself – If you don’t then no one else will. You are your best friend and need to believe in yourself.
How does Trust help?
1. At the work place – When I’m trusted, I’m motivated to do even better and take on new challenges and explore the path not taken.
2. Trust builds loyalty without bonds in day-to-day life.
3. Trust is about authenticity and helps to build a rapport.
4. Trust is about reliability and consistency and walking that path in every walk of life.
Life continually evolves. We’re constantly moving into new experiences, new possibilities. Life is a flux and the solace we find is the Trust we place on our relationships and that placed on us.
Life becomes joyful when we remain open to the constant flow and ride freely with it. We thus need to learn to Trust.
What does Trust mean to you? Please share your views in the comments section. Thank you