I reflect quite often. However, this weekend I got into a deeper reflection mainly due to behaviors of some people. I got into this mode of “I must be doing something wrong” thinking. This is the inner critique taking over and I didn’t want that dominating me. When I started to reflect, write and self-coach myself, I started seeing things differently.
Reflection helps me to let go, learn something new, get different perspectives and insights and handle certain situations differently. Over the years I have learned the following
1. Have the courage to be yourself. Reflect, learn, unlearn, improve and never lose your values. Click To Tweet
2. You can’t please everyone. You will meet people in life who will always be toxic and never appreciate your strengths or your authenticity. Click To Tweet
3. You are unique in who you are. Your experience with each of your relationships and situations is unique.
4. You don’t get what you want in many turns of your life, though you may have given your best. Trying to find an explanation or a reason only makes matters worse. Stop overthinking.
5. You are not your rejections or your failures. You have to believe in your positive potential and your ability. Click To Tweet
6. As hard as it may be, it is best to let go of some relationships. Click To Tweet
7. Be authentic but let your authenticity not fall in a way that you are misunderstood. Framing the way you communicate your authenticity is imperative. Click To Tweet
8. Know when to speak up, when to be silent and know when to walk away. There is a time and place for everything and your best guide is your intuition.
9. Change is constant and people change. Don’t blame yourself when people start behaving differently.
10. You have to be street smart and be part of the change. Initiate change, be the change but never lose your values or your integrity. Click To Tweet
11. Apologize even if you are not wrong because you can walk away with a clean conscience.
12. Let yourself be lead from within and your intuition and not by your falsified ego. Click To Tweet
13. Value yourself and never compromise your values. Never allow yourself to be trampled by someone else. Speak your mind but always be respectful to others.
14. In trying to impress and cultivate your new relationships don’t forget about people who have stood by you through your tough times.
15. Smile. Smiling when you are going through a tough time is the most difficult but from personal experience I can say it makes a huge difference to that moment. You have to consciously tell yourself to smile in that vulnerable moment.
16. Being strong may feel tiring many times but the world is with you through your smiles and not your tears. Learn to cultivate resilience because that helps you to bounce back and approach life with a positive mindset. Click To Tweet
17. Focus on improving your strengths and don’t overemphasize your limitations.
18. Think before you speak, question yourself before you act. Pause is better than impulse. Click To Tweet
19. Don’t forget to be kind to yourself and others.
20. It is never too late to improve and change for the better.
21. Living in the moment is difficult but find ways to do it. You get insights when you accept the circumstance that you may be in. Anger worsens the situations and increases your frustration.
22. Share your emotions and how you feel but with people who will honor you for who you are and will listen with empathy.
23. Maturity is a lot to do with what lessons your experiences have taught you and how you show up in different challenges that life throws at you.
24. No matter how good you are there will always be people who hurt you. Take it as a lesson and let go of the hurt.
25. No one has lived your life or walked your road. So don’t worry about the naysayers and those who are judgmental.
Various actions, reactions and behaviors upset me but whenever I’m in that space of feeling hurt and upset, I remind myself that I can choose how I react. I ask myself how is this feeling of hurt impacting me and as a result, how I might not be showing up fully to various moments in life.
Choice of our behavior and actions is well within our control and let us always choose what is best to reflect our character. Click To Tweet
In the end, what matters is loving your life. Find the joy in trusting your intuition, cherishing your happy and sad memories, learning through the challenges that seemed indomitable at that moment in time and allowing yourself to make the choices in the chances you take. Learn to trust your instincts and stop doubting yourself every step of your way.Click To Tweet.
Life is a continuous learning journey and there is no right or predetermined answers. Click To Tweet
What have you learnt over the years?
What reflections can you share so that others may use it in their path of learning and development?
For Coaching, Speaking or Training let’s connect.